Regram = Sharing another user’s post
Social media, on a personal level, is all about showing people what we are up to. Look at me on this hike, look at me skiing, look at me eating… sleeping … sitting … walking … whatever. People want to be SEEN.
Now all the sudden somebody shares their photo, tags them … and BOOM … they are getting seen … even more!
- Ask the creator for permission: Please be mindful and use your manners/best judgment. If your business has been tagged/hashtagged in the photo, go for it – in my humble opinion that is their way of saying “OK”
- Always give the proper credit – TAG the creator: Be SURE you give them the photo credit that they deserve and are craving. If you stumbled upon it organically – take the time to ask them in their comments or via direct message.
- Avoid edits if possible
- Don’t forget to use #regram
How to Regram:
- Take a screen shot of the photo
- Crop the screen shot so only the picture remains